Monday 22 September 2008

The Boys are back in town!


Hello


I promised a review, and i think it's about time to start!


SUPERNATURAL!!!


I love Supernatural. As the story has built and developed through the seasons, i have been hooked. I admit i only started watching season one as the second season was reaching it's climax, but i caught up and through every ghoul, monster and heroic sacrifice (Because Supernatural loves their hero's sacrificing their souls! haha) i have become a big fan. The show's strengh lies not only in it's astonishing mythology but most importantly in the relationship between the Winchester brothers! Season 3 left us in shock as Dean was unable to escape his deal, and Sam left to mourn his brother.


I can safely say that Lazarus Rising is probably the best episode (Okay, maybe tied with the season 2 finale) of Supernatural i have seen, and definately the best possible start for what looks to be a potentially epic season. I don't want to spoil anything so i won't go into detail, all i will say is it takes things to another level. Those who have seen it know exactly what i mean (I hope! hehe.) The Winchester Brothers seem to be the chosen sons of the supernatural forces, and their destinies are ready to clash. As well as the return of the maginificent Winchesters (Oh and Bobby too. Can't forget Bobby!) a new character, Castiel emerges and has already become one of my favourites!!!


Despite my love for the show, Supernatural was always my second favourite show behind Dexter. But the sheer scale and effortless energy of this season premiere has shot it straight up to my favourite. And this is only the start, with the rest of the season ahead (including the chance to see young Mary and John Winchester! WOO!), i can only see the show getting stronger. I recommend it too everyone. Truely amazing!


So that's my first review. I'm a little rusty so forgive me. It's been a busy day!


That's all from me. Time for me to get my salt loaded shotgun ready. You can never be too careful! :P





No comments: