Tuesday 9 December 2008

Time to introduce a little anarchy!

Watched The Dark Knight for a fifth time. It's still amazing. Best film of the decade. That's all that needs to be said.

Watched the classic It's a Wonderful Life last night. It was wonderful seeing one of the best christmas films of all time on the big screen! Although, i actually thing it is a film for all seasons, not just Christmas. It amazes me that it was a huge flop on it's original release; even with the talent of Frank Capra and Jimmy Stewart. But just look at Fight Club and The Big Lebowski. On release, big failures, but in under a decade, they became cult favourites and then popular culture phenomenons! Film is funny sometimes...

Although, film can also be a complete pain. Especially for film students. Today, i had to go down to London and hunt through the Maughan and Senate Libraries for books for my two big coursework essays. I had to find books on Blade Runner and the Science fiction/Cyberpunk genre (Which i find very cool personally, hehe) and also books on "The Idiots" and Alternative European cinema (not so cool!) Although i did find a book all baout Anime and TWO about the Vampire genre! However, i had too many books already so i will have to get them next time :(

So i end up on the tube with 9 very large, heavy academic text books (plus stuff that was already in my bag. I really should have emptied it beforehand) and running home with my spine in peril! haha. But, my world became right again, once i opened the door, and at my feet, THE DARK KNIGHT!

Today, The Dark Knight! Tomorrow, Research... or maybe The Dark Knight again. Most probably actually! haha. Oh dear...

3 comments:

AKA-Coco said...

*Sigh* You've got the Joker-bug.

MattPaul61 said...

I can't help it!
I am weak.
Maybe i need a slight blog change.
But hey, Nurse Joker will stay! haha.

JSR John said...

It's A Wonderful Life

I've got it baby!

It's a family present, but you already know who it's really for!

I've even semi-bragged about it school, threatening people to watch it.
And better yet! Earlier tonight whilst going through my 3 Disk Edition of The Shawshank Redemption, the film was referred to as one of the greatest film ever by the likes of Mark Kermode.

NOICE!

Oh, and I would very much like to watch The Dark Knight again, for the third time. Now I know that's a fraction of your count, but a film of that length and intensity - come on!